26 July 2006
23 July 2006
New scarf and ramblings
I put the prototype of the scarf I designed - pattern to be included with issue #2 - up in the shop if you would like a peek. It is the blue cashmere one.
I am currently reading this book. It is very interesting. So interesting, I actually bought it when the library didn't have a copy. What's the big deal? Well, if I bought every book I wanted to read, I'd have no money and no more room to keep them.(you should see my wish list on Amazon lol) So, I have resigned to borrow from the library whenever possible and only buy the rare, must have, item - like Harry Potter. My favorite thing to do, is find the book on tape or cd at the library and then listen to it during the day while I work or do chores. Otherwise, I'm limited to the 10-15 minutes I can sneak here and there to steal some reading time. You know what I'm talking about.
Things that are bothering me today: websites that keep hijacking the screen when you're trying to go to another window and teachers who complain on their blogs about how they can't stand their students or even kids in general. Why are they there? It's like doctors who don't like people.
22 July 2006
I added some new things to my shop. Years ago, I did alot of beadwork. I still enjoy it, but, I tend to rotate my craft obsessions and now I am back to knitting. All of my interests involve fiber, though. Anywho. I have a lot of "leftover" things I made way back then. Mostly covered bottles and other objects. But, I also made jewelry, and so I decided to add some earrings I made from back then. They are shapes made from seed beads. A cat and some crosses.
I also added a matching scarf and mini-purse I designed last winter. Very simple. I didn't write down the pattern for the purse, though. So, I will have to sit and figure it out again before it's gone, lol, and add it to a future issue.
I am working on my article for "what I hate about knitting" for issue #2 which I hope to have finished by August. The pattern to be included in the companion card will be another scarf I designed. Please join the notify list (on the sidebar) to be notified when it is available to read.
20 July 2006
My first meme
I found this on a knitting blog I was checking out.
Bold the ones you've done..
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly could
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your cds
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Gone white water rafting
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror.
96. Raised children.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident
150: Saved someone's life
I tag you.
19 July 2006
Matchbooks up in Shop
I just listed 5 matchbook notepads in the shop. Check them out here. More stuff to come.
17 July 2006
What a week. The car is still out of commission. Won't be fixed for two more weeks due to lack of funds. Bad thing is it's our only car. :(
I worked two nights straight to get this month's Sampler finished in time to mail. Here is part of what I sent. Mini-collaged matchbook notepads. They are really cute. Each one has a different word and handmade paper circle.
Inside is a pad of paper. I will be making more and putting them in my etsy shop.
I also sent six pendants made from leftover flowers from the card. I don't know if I will sell them, though. What do you think?
The silver on the sides is copper foil tape for soldering stained glass. I think I'll wait and see if I get any feedback from them. :)
I have a big collection of alphabet stickers meant for scrapbooking and such. I used some of them to make marble magnets that I sent in also. I will put more of them in the shop, also.
I will also be adding paper packs to my etsy shop. They will be squares of paper from my collection packaged in a glassine envelope. The sources for the paper will be a variety of things from handmade paper, my own hand decorated paper, vintage paper, recycled paper from all sorts of books and the like. I hope to have a sample up soon.
My etsy shop is now open. The link is ReneesPaperandYarn.etsy.com . I will be adding more things this weeks as I get pictures taken, etc.
11 July 2006
Wow, I received my sampler yesterday. There is some really cute stuff in there. My favorite is a beaded ring that actually fits - my fingers are super small, drew much attention at the jewelers when I had my wedding ring sized, many years ago.
Also, our car conked out yesterday and is in the shop today. grrr... I have stuff to do including getting to the post office to mail packages. Luckily, I have a ride tomorrow, so, if you are expecting something from me, please forgive me if it's a day late.
I am also waiting for one "item" to arrive and then I will officially open my etsy shop. And, I am taking pictures later today of my next submission to the sampler and some pendants made from extras leftover from the companion card. They will go up in my etsy shop when finished.
08 July 2006
What do you hate about knitting?
That is the question for the "?" segment of issue #1. I submitted this question to the knitlist and am amazed at the response. I have tons of data to compile. Thanks so much to those who answered and keep them coming. :)
What I'm working on.
I will be opening an Etsy shop soon. I will list my jewelry and paper goods there.
I'm also working on a new submission for the August Sampler. Some collaged matchbook notepads and six pendants. Will post pictures when they are ready.
And, since I really am actually a knitter, some WIP's I'm working on:
an afghan from Gorgeous Knitted Afghans
another afghan from Gorgeous Knitted Afghans
an alphabet blanket
a lace scarf
the American afghan from Knitter's
two shawls including the infamous peacock shawl which is fabulous
and, a mini baby bobbi bear on size 2 needles from sock yarn.
I have a serious case of WIP-itis. Since I started this project, I don't have much time for recreational knitting. Currently, I am concentrating on just the first two afghans and blanket since they are Christmas gifts and I'm having doubts to finish them on time.
I'm working on some photos of FO's I will hopefully post soon.