Paper & Yarn: A WTHeck and a "well, that's just stupid"

Paper & Yarn

there is no x in "espresso"... the angels have the phonebox... my cheese, my rules...Libby says "Hi"...We thought you were dead - I was. I'm better now...

11 July 2009

A WTHeck and a "well, that's just stupid"

Yesterday, Friday, we needed to take middle daughter to campus to get some things taken care of before the fall. It was going to take awhile, so, we grabbed a snack and waited for her in the student union. When I went to use the restroom, I found the lady's room was locked. Not the men's, just the ladies. Go downstairs and find the same thing. WTHeck??

This has happened before, when we were there on the weekend. It was after 3 p.m., there were still many students, etc., walking around. I don't get it. Why just the lady's and not the men's. If it's some safety issue, it's not very effective. It's just as easy to drag someone into the men's room, you know?

Also, if you watch the SciFi channel, you may have noticed the change to SyFy - still pronounced SciFi. Well, that's just stupid. We laugh and call it siffy 'cause that's what it says - siffy. I found out some supposed reasoning behind this move which also ties into why SGAtlantis was cancelled before it's time. Demographics. Now, this is what's going around the web from fans and some articles, but, apparently, we old fogies of 30, 40, and 50 aren't good enough for their advertisers. They're trying to get the young'un's. How to do that? Cancel good shows and change the spelling of your name to something "hip" (oh, and make and show really bad "B" movies that just make you laugh). It's just stupid.

Okay, I've said my peace.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home