Paper & Yarn: New things...

Paper & Yarn

there is no x in "espresso"... the angels have the phonebox... my cheese, my rules...Libby says "Hi"...We thought you were dead - I was. I'm better now...

22 June 2009

New things...

I've been meaning to do this for awhile, now. I'm adding a new feature. I love to bake and I have some favorite things I make both for dinner and desert. So, I've decided to start posting pics and recipes or links to things I'm making.

Sunday, we ordered pizza, so, nothing special there. But, I did make some of my cinnamon rolls for Father's Day.


The brown stuff is melted sugar.



This is my own adaptation of traditional rolls. It's very simple. My twist on it is to use this - http://www.pillsbury.com/products/rolls/Refrigerated/RecipeCreations.htm. I love how it's not sweet and so doesn't compete with the sugar cinnamon.

This recipe makes eight rolls.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I used to use a pie pan to bake them in, but, recently I tried using a muffin tin and I like it so much better. So, get out your muffin tin and grease eight sections, really well with softened or melted butter - I like softened.

In a bowl, make up a mixture of equal parts brown and white sugar - I use about 1/4 cup each. Add about 1 or 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.

Unroll the dough onto a flat surface. Spread the dough with more softened butter. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly on top of the butter. Roll or fold the dough into a pinwheel - reverse the direction that you unrolled it.

Cut into eight equal slices. Place one slice into each greased muffin tin. Sprinkle any sugar mixture that fell out back onto the rolls. Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on your oven.

Icing - mix about 2/3 - 1 cup powdered sugar with enough milk to make a pouring consistancy - I add a teaspoon or so of softened butter, too. Pour over the warm rolls. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home