Paper & Yarn: Packaging

Paper & Yarn

there is no x in "espresso"... the angels have the phonebox... my cheese, my rules...Libby says "Hi"...We thought you were dead - I was. I'm better now...

22 May 2009

Packaging

When I send an item to a customer, I like to dress it up with pretty and/or clever packaging. I'll wrap it in tissue to look like a giant candy. Or fold it in an origami envelope. I want it to look nice and be fun to open. And, I always include a thank you note. So, when I receive something from another shop, I'm kind of disappointed when it comes stuffed in a sandwich bag or just loose in the envelope without even a receipt or message.

So, how important is packaging to you? Talk amongst yourselves...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Blogger Bellissima said...

I agree. I like my customers to feel as if they've just shopped at a high-end boutique - but more personal! I'm a bit disappointed too, when I receive something packaged haphazardly...

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I need to practice more involved wrapping. I'm guilty of shipping in boring packages but I received a card from my sister's shop in the most beautiful packaging. Even her mailing envelope was appealing.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I try to wrap my items nicely inside the package though i reuse envelopes.. i should probably do better with it though. i usually wrap with tissue paper or ribbon. sometimes i think i get a bit burned out and do just toss things into a package *bad on me there* i do enjoy pretty packages though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home