Paper & Yarn: I lost a day.

Paper & Yarn

there is no x in "espresso"... the angels have the phonebox... my cheese, my rules...Libby says "Hi"...We thought you were dead - I was. I'm better now...

24 June 2009

I lost a day.

Ughhh. I hate when that happens. I had all sorts of plans for yesterday, but, the universe had other ideas, so, I lost a day.

First, a pie...

This is my altered formula for a fruit pie. Today, I am making peach. I'm going to assume you know the basics of a pie. As in, get some pie crust, the fruit goes on the inside, lol, etc. I use Marie Calendar's frozen pie crust - love it - turns out perfect, every time. :)

To make this pie, choose your fruit and get enough to fill your chosen pie crust. It can be fresh or frozen, but, make sure it's plain without any extra sugar and stuff. You're going to need between 2 and 3 cups. Set aside. In a bowl, mix...

1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Add your fruit and stir until it's completely mixed and covered.

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Pour your fruit mixture into the bottom crust and cover with the top crust. You can use your favorite method of top crust, just make sure you cut slits for venting.

Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake about another 25 minutes or so until the filling is thickened. This is perfect for my oven - yours may be different, so, keep checking it.

Here is a strawberry pie I baked a couple of weeks ago.


It was super yummy. I don't like to put sugar or egg or anything on my top crust, but, feel free to do so.

Now, go make pie!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home