Paper & Yarn: Go shopping

Paper & Yarn

there is no x in "espresso"... the angels have the phonebox... my cheese, my rules...Libby says "Hi"...We thought you were dead - I was. I'm better now...

12 November 2008

Go shopping

I am going to propose something that will seem illogical but is actually very logical.

People are worried about their jobs. So, they don't spend money. Really. Then what happens to the people who's jobs depend on your purchases. They lose their jobs and they can't afford your service or product so, they don't buy. And, bingo - you're out of a job, too. See a pattern here?

I propose that this Christmas season, everyone just buy something instead of NOT buy something.

Now, of course, I'm not promoting credit. Debt is bad. And, of course, you should pay your bills. But, maybe you buy something extra they need that's practical for a loved one this holiday season. Go out to eat and give the waitress a bigger tip. Even find something you might need on Craig's list so that person can go out and get something they need, too. And people keep their jobs - hey!

I don't know how far this will go and I'm sure I'm going to get trolls, but, I'm doing it anyway.

So, I'm going to design a button people can put on their blogs and maybe a new blog for people to comment on, I don't know, yet.

Let me know what you think.

8 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger The Stewart Stuff said...

Sounds like a great idea! Best of luck with that!
-10oneworld

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger esque said...

Good point! I think people will still be spending money just not on the too-expensive like electronics. May be that'll leave some buyers for us handmade crowd!

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Sarah Jane said...

I just went on a shopping spree yesterday! I encourage others to do the same. :D

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Angela said...

I agree with you 100 percent!

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still shopping for sure. :)

Jo

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger LiPeony said...

good idea! Now if only everyone would go buy some extra. Maybe nothing big but something small.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Great idea... count me in :)

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger T.Allen said...

Agreed. Of course we can't afford to spend as much as we usually do, but we will do our best to buy something. Especially something local and preferably from a small business. Good luck with your venture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home